Essential Duties and ResponsibilitiesTo perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties may be assigned. (Any one position may not include all of the duties listed nor do the listed examples include all duties which may be found in positions of this class.)
• Plan and direct the overall activities of the Transfer division.
• Use automated computerized drafting equipment, computers and plotters for the creation and maintenance of parcel, roadway, subdivision boundaries, tax district boundaries, neighborhood boundaries, annexation boundaries, and coordinate data in the geographic information database.
• Produce requested documents from the parcel layer such as district maps, split images, plat maps, sales maps, appraisal support maps, or other recorded documentation.
• Plan and direct the Quality Control process to ensure data accuracy.
• Prepare and interpret a variety of reports including productivity reports, state reports, and data validation reports.
• Provide analytical support for Matix.
• Provide appraisal support including coordinating with appraisal staff to develop mapping applications for use in valuing property.
• Provide Personal Property support including coordinating with personal property staff to develop tools for use in valuing personal property, and oil and gas.
• Coordinate with leads, analysts, and management to develop tools to increase accuracy and efficiency in the office.
• Coordinate with Weld County GIS department to develop and maintain base maps for use in the Assessor’s office and Property Portal Map.
• Coordinate with GIS staff to automate processes using Python scripting.
• Research, read, interprets, review and depict all manner of recorded documents to ascertain accurate ownership, tax authority boundary changes and parcel boundary changes.
• Create new parcels based on recorded documents using legal and administrative standards.
• Update mobile home information following statutory regulations.
• Maintain comprehensive and accurate sales data records.
• Maintain ancillary geographic data including street names, including parcel number system, tax district codes, subdivision names and filings, lot and block numbers.
• Knowledgeable on property tax statutes and administrative rules to assessment administration problems.
• Maintain the accuracy of GIS maps.
• Interact with attorneys, title companies, municipalities and the general public to verify the accuracy of data and to respond to inquiries regarding chain of title, and all other assessment questions.
• Communicate effectively in verbal and written form with administrative staff, appraisal staff, supervisors and managers.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervisor, other employees, governmental agencies, professional, and the public.
• Monitor workload, works in an efficient and organized manner and meets deadlines and goals.
• Monitor current procedures and offers suggestions and ideas for ways to improve the processes.
• Mentor and provide assistance to GIS Mapper 1 and 2 level staff.
• Review the work performed by the GIS Mappers 1 and 2 to ensure compliance with statutory requirements and appraisal standards.
• Provide feedback to the GIS Mappers staff in terms of written and oral evaluations.
• Train new GIS Mappers staff.
• Successful completion of Associate’s Degree with a concentration in GIS.
• Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in GIS preferred.
• Experience working with scripting languages such as Python, and object oriented languages.
• Experience in working with Microsoft Excel and Word required.
• Two years’ experience in ARC/INFO and ArcMap software which includes assessment and tax area experience or any combination of surveying, GIS, automated assessment mapping or education which provides the required skills, knowledge and ability, subject to the approval of the Assessor.
About Weld County
This is an analyst, supervisory position responsible for overseeing the GIS Mapper positions. Perform complex technical work applying knowledge of cartographic processes and Geographic Information Systems in the assembly, analysis, storage, display and maintenance of the parcel layer in the geographic database. Perform a variety of duties related to the creation and maintenance of parcel records including ownership, sales data, legal descriptions, tax areas, maintenance of taxing authority boundaries to include annexations, mobile home information, property tax exemptions, proposed tax authorities, neighborhood maintenance, Matix support, appraisal support, quality control, reports, and queries. Complete complex analysis of recorded conveyance documents, court orders and plats. Provide technical support in mass appraisal by the retrieval, manipulation and analysis of spatially referenced data. Also, provide information to the public over the phone and in person concerning all areas of assessment data and ownership records. Must be able to work in an ever changing work environment.