This position provides technical support for Oil and Gas, Power Generation, and other client sectors. Primary activities will be to provide permitting, wetland identification and delineation, and GIS analysis support for various projects within the Oil and Gas industry and Power Generation. The candidate must have experience in support environmental permitting, wetland and waterbody delineations, Rare, Threatened and Endangered Species (RTE) surveys, and GIS analysis for Natural Gas pipeline projects.
What your responsibilities will be:
• Provide support to on-going and new projects related to environmental permitting, wetland assessment, and GIS analysis.
• Provide support to perform wetland identification, delineation, and functional assessment investigations in accordance with the USACE 1987 Manual.
• Assist in the preparation of Section 404 (Department of the Army Permit Applications), Section 401 Water Quality Certification Permit Applications, and PADEP Chapter 105/Joint Permit Applications.
• Create hard copy of GIS maps for distribution.
• Develop GIS projects consisting of vector, raster, and tabular data.
• Perform data and spatial queries and analysis as required.
• Use database software to update, edit, and extract tabular data for integration into GIS.
What we are looking for:
• Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Environmental Studies, or related discipline required. A Master’s degree in a related field is preferred.
• Two to five years of experience in related field of study is required.
• Candidates must have experience with Federal, State and Local permitting processes and project implementation.
• Candidate must be experienced in interfacing with state and local agencies. Experience in interfacing with state and local agencies as well as community boards for project planning is beneficial.
• State certification and/or related training in permitting for oil and gas regulations are desirable.
• Candidates must be knowledgeable with Esri’s software products.
• Duties include performing simple data analysis and creation of various maps for incorporation into reports and/or presentations. This position requires an understanding of GIS, CADD, and database software and requires strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• A minimum of 2 years practical experience with ArcGIS is required.
• Experience with Microsoft Access and Esri’s ArcServer, ArcSDE, Spatial Analyst, and/or 3D Analyst and knowledge of Spatial Data Standards for Facilities, Infrastructure, and Environment (SDSFIE) is a plus.
• Candidates must hold or be able to obtain within a reasonable time USACE 1987 Wetland Delineation Training Certification.
• Other related permitting or environmental resource management certifications are a plus.
About Tetra Tech
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—17,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams.