Responsible for placing safety as #1 priority in day to day work routine for self and others. Serve as a technical expert and provide leadership and direction to GIS technicians and users of the Geographic Information System (GIS). Responsible for system development, analysis, reporting and maintenance to achieve efficient use and output of the GIS system.
• Must possess a four-year degree in Geographic Information Systems (GIS), Information Systems, Computer Science, Geography, Planning, or have equivalent experience at a level normally acquired through a working knowledge of GIS Geographic analyses, utility mapping and design principles and practices
• Three years of GIS experience
• Five years of GIS experience with Utility based GIS mapping systems, Civil Engineering design and drafting (piping, drainage – plan and profile), or Utility related projects.
• Experience or knowledge in using AutoCAD software.
• Experience with cartography, engineering drawings and graphic design principles.
• Prior Gas and/or Electric Utility GIS experience.
Key Skills & Competencies
• Must have demonstrated experience with ESRI’s ArcGIS applications.
• Demonstrated organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Strong problem solving, and analytical abilities.
• Experience and or good working knowledge of Gas and/or Electric Distribution Systems.
• Effective interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
• Project Management experience.
• An understanding and the ability to read Landbase legal descriptions as well as knowledge or experience in surveying methods for gas pipeline or electric line experience is a strong plus.
• Knowledge or experience with Oracle databases, design and maintenance practices.
• Working knowledge of Python, VB.Net, C#.net, Visual Basic, Java, or SQL.
• Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications.
• Knowledge of GPS technology, data collection and integration with GIS Software.