Provide surveying service which includes construction survey and layout on bridges, highways, foundations, and other related heavy civil projects. Responsible for the modeling and the effective utilization of GPS hardware and software in project assignments. In addition, the incumbent ensures that all primary, secondary and layout control data comply with engineering standards. Issues, edits and maintains all field engineering books and records. Compiles field data and prepares as-built drawings.
· Plan and conduct ground surveys designed to establish baselines, elevations, and other geodetic measurements.
· Verify the accuracy of survey data including measurements and calculations conducted at survey sites.
· Calculate heights, depths, relative positions, property lines, and other characteristics of terrain.
· Prepare and maintain sketches, maps, reports, and legal descriptions of surveys to describe, certify, and assume liability for work performed.
· Direct or conduct surveys to establish legal boundaries.
· Compute geodetic measurements and interpret survey data to determine positions, shapes, and elevations.
· Process raw field data and generate/create topographic contours, staking base files, road alignments and foundation surveys.
· Determine longitudes and latitudes of important features and boundaries in survey areas using theodolites, transits, levels, and satellite-based global positioning systems (GPS)
· Manage GPS equipment inventories, purchases, etc.
· Create and/or procure site models for use with GPS controls systems on project sites.
· Project site setup including base station setup and localization of the area for use with GPS enabled heavy equipment.
· Generate detailed earthwork, utility, and E&S control take-offs based on an accurate reading of blueprints, geotechnical reports, requests for proposals and related documents and transfer data into software for review with the team.
· Correspond with clients, customers, engineers, subcontractors,
suppliers and other entities as necessary to meet project requirements.
· Review bid package documentation, plans and proposal specifications
to determine scope of work and required contents of estimate for RFP’s,
RFI’s and subcontractor quotes.
· High School diploma with preference for an AS or BS in Engineering or similar discipline.
· Registered PE or LS preferred.
· Candidate must possess experience in the construction industry, civil roadway design, GPS site model building experience, and ability to read plans. Applicants must have 3-5 years of verifiable work experience as a Surveyor in the construction industry.
· Extensive knowledge in field surveying techniques, including data collection, traverse adjustments, GPS surveys, and construction stakeouts.
· Ability to preserve confidential and proprietary information and successfully avoid conflicts-of-interest.
· Ability to read and interpret grading plans and specifications.
· Ability to work on multiple tasks at the same time.
· Ability to establish a good working relationship with all foreman, superintendents, and project managers.
· Ability to complete model revisions/changes as soon as possible while communicating with the foreman the status of when the revised model will be completed.
· Technology: Microsoft Office, Google Earth, and VisionLink.
· Experience with Trimble Business Center and Topcon Total Station, surveying and Auto CAD, the ability to calculate quantities and do roadway layout for construction company.
About Louisville Paving and Construction (an LPX Inc. Company)
We are a vertically integrated civil contractor serving Kentucky and Indiana. By leveraging the strength of our various divisions, we are able to bid and build everything from the construction of commercial building sites, subdivision roads and parking lots to interstate reconstruction projects, complex treatment plants, and commercial/residential new construction. Regardless of size, our goal every day is to deliver the highest quality project possible, on time and in a safe manner.