At KLJ, we love engineering, moving forward, and bringing ideas to life. Our work is more than a project, it’s a long-term solution for the communities in which we live and work. We are committed to providing an exceptional experience to our customers – every project, every time. We reimagine what projects can be through innovative planning, design, and support of infrastructure projects of all shapes and sizes. Join our team and reimagine what your career can be.
Responsible for managing survey projects for KLJ in a timely, accurate, and cost effective manner.
· Provide guidance to Survey Crew Chiefs
· Responsible for quality control and quality assurance by reviewing work
· Responsible for compliance with KLJ safety standards
· Plans, organizes, coordinates, prioritizes, assigns and monitors the work of field survey crews
· Manage projects worth approximately $250,000 in fees
· May manage multiple project teams
· Participate in and facilitate meetings with stakeholders and clients
· Provide direction, review, and support to the group by leading projects; assuring proper practices and techniques
· Confer with project team members and clients to lead, prepare, and participate in project proposals and interviews
· Responsible for project budgets and schedules
· Provide oral and written communication and direction and carry out instruction when given
· Develop business opportunities through research, marketing and client lead follow through.
· Instruct, train, and mentor survey staff
· May have supervisory responsibilities for group members and support staff including hiring, promoting, terminations, performance reviews, and training
· Effectively deal with difficult situations and confrontation both internally and externally
· Maintain staff chargeability at an acceptable level through effective business development and market share growth.
· Support KLJ Survey as well as all KLJ practice areas with cross selling of services and through fluidity in staffing support to projects across KLJ work regions.
· High school diploma or GED plus eight years of experience and PLS or;
· Associates degree plus eight years of experience and PLS or;
· Bachelor’s degree plus four years of experience and PLS
· Must have a valid driver’s license and be able to operate motorized vehicles
· Previous experience in senior level management
· Experience with markets, clients and projects of specific service offering
The physical demands described represent those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities.
The employee is regularly required to:
· Sit, stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl
· Use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms
· Talk or hear and communicate clearly
The employee must:
· Be able to walk on uneven terrain up to ten miles per day
· Frequently lift and move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and move up to 75 pounds
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Hours and Travel
This position requires the individual work 40+ hours per week with 50% of the time spent in the office and 50% in the field.
All applicants must be authorized to work in the US. KLJ does not sponsor applicants for employment-based visas.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.