At KLJ, we love engineering, moving forward, and bringing ideas to life. Our work is more than a project, it’s a long-term solution for the communities in which we live and work. We are committed to providing an exceptional experience to our customers – every project, every time. We reimagine what projects can be through innovative planning, design, and support of infrastructure projects of all shapes and sizes. Join our team and reimagine what your career can be.
Leads a team of technical resources engaged in all aspects of Corridor Services projects ensuring effective development and utilization of team members to best satisfy company needs.
· Provide leadership to the Company’s team of Environmental, Right of Way and Survey resources serving all markets in the Company’s portfolio.
· Develop the functional/business plan to achieve annual goals and align with corporate strategy and recommend improvement of product/services.
· Oversee client and project work, including multiple workgroups designed to deliver the work required within scope, schedule, budget and client expectations
· Make authoritative decisions and recommendations having significant impact on corridor services and related activities of the company
· Anticipate clients’ needs and industry trends to advance and align the technical breadth and depth of the team to changing market conditions
· Communicate and collaborate with leaders in production, marketing and project management to ensure resources are being utilized in the most efficient manner to provide client value.
· Establish goals, objectives, and methods of accountability to ensure the most efficient use of resources, facilities, equipment, and supplies
· Develop talent to satisfy company needs for environmental, right of way and survey capabilities aligned with the strategic goals of the organization.
· Ensures all projects, initiatives, and processes are in conformance with organization’s established policies and objectives.
· Provides expert technical guidance for team’s initiatives.
· Represent Corridor Services’ capabilities in meetings with stakeholders and clients.
· Oversee corridor services’ goals and metrics
· Support marketing efforts to existing or potential clients
· Lead specific process development and innovation
· Monitor Quality Assurance and Quality Control processes and standards for survey, right of way and environmental efforts
· Confer with project team members and clients to lead, prepare, and participate in project proposals and interviews
· Talent management responsibilities including hiring, promoting, terminations, performance reviews, training, succession planning, and leadership development.
· Serve as a senior technical resource on projects
· A minimum of a two-year degree in surveying, environmental science or related field.
· 15+ years with a combination of technical project delivery and people management experience
· Ability to demonstrate a high degree of creativity, foresight and mature judgement in planning, organizing and guiding extensive programs.
· Ability to demonstrate company’s technical expertise to external clients.
· Must have a valid driver’s license and be able to operate motorized vehicles
· Real estate license or Environmental Science degree
· Professional Land Surveyor expertise and licensure.
· Previous experience in project and senior level management
· Experience with markets, clients and projects in multiple industries/service areas
Hours and Travel
This position requires the individual work 40+ hours per week with 80% of the time spent in the office and 20% out of the office.
The physical demands described represent those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities.
The employee is regularly required to:
· Sit, stand, walk, stoop, kneel, twist, crouch, and crawl
· Use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms
· Talk or hear and communicate clearly
The employee must:
· Frequently lift and move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and move up to 25 pounds
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
All applicants must be authorized to work in the US. KLJ does not sponsor applicants for employment-based visas.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.