Overview/Job Specific Marketing Statement
HNTB Corporation’s Environmental Planning Practice currently has a need for a Sr. GIS Analyst/Air & Noise Modeler in ourAtlanta, Georgia office.
Provides direction to the design office in the most effective use of GIS technology to improve the planning and design process.
Works with design office to identify and implement value added services to the clients.
Identifies when to integrate GIS technology into an existing of further project.
Develops digital display tools to allow the end user to easily display and analyze the data in the GIS database.
Provides input into the business development process, such as defining proposed milestones, estimating work, documenting understanding of need and process to fulfill need.
Defines standard formats for various GIS product deliverables specific to the industry.
Performs other duties as assigned.
– Works closely with other disciplines including geospatial technology group on multi-discipline projects.
– Conducts field studies and traffic noise modeling and prepares written Traffic Noise Reports and Design Noise Reports consistent with the requirements of 23 CFR 772 and the GDOT Traffic Noise Policy and Traffic Noise Manual.
– Creates written noise technical reports for transportation projects including but not limited to projects prepared under the requirements of NEPA and GEPA.
– Creates written air technical reports for transportation projects including but not limited to projects prepared under the requirements of NEPA and GEPA.
– Coordinates and conducts field work related to noise analyses for highway projects.
– Conducts traffic noise modeling using the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) Traffic Noise Model (TNM) and construction noise modeling using the FHWA Roadway Construction Noise Model.
– Utilizes TNM to design noise barriers and Microstation to prepare envelope drawings.
– Utilizes Microstation as necessary to develop geometric inputs to TNM
– Create and deploy custom tools, commands, add ins and Runtime applications
– Understand geoprocessing with Python and ModelBuilder
– Interacts effectively with other staff and stakeholders/clients.
– Participates in community meetings, workshops and hearings.
– Plans and arranges schedules and budgets for projects with an emphasis on budgeting time to finish projects on time and on budget.
– Coordinates project team activities and delegates work when appropriate.
– Drafts project proposals and scopes and budgets as needed for projects.
– Provides direction to junior staff in conducting field studies, noise modeling, and document preparation.
– Works with federal, state and local government clients as assigned.
– Performs other related tasks and special assignments as required.
– Helps supervise, schedule and check work of project team members and other consultants.
– Responsible for productivity of subordinates and on time, on budget projects.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Geography, Planning or other related field of study
5 years related experience using ESRI, Intergraph, or Bentley software products
For more than a century, HNTB has helped deliver infrastructure solutions that best meet the unique needs of our clients. With client relationships spanning decades, we understand infrastructure life cycles and have the perspective to solve technical challenges with clarity and imagination. We are far more than a design firm. We see and help address far-reaching issues of financing, legislation, design, construction, community outreach and ongoing operations. As employee-owners committed to the highest levels of performance, we enable clients to achieve their goals and inspiring visions.
At HNTB, we’re encouraged to go beyond discovering mere solutions that will impact our very landscape. We are encouraged to ask, “What if?” Our HNTB family fosters an inventive and resourceful commitment to finding unique answers to complex problems. We believe that the act of wondering sparks creativity. We will work to foster your creativity, career and personal growth. Come join HNTB and unleash your spark of imagination.
For you, “together” can mean the chance to put together an exciting career. At HNTB “together” also means collaborating across geographies and disciplines within the firm. And “together” means that we are partners with our clients. Our goals are linked, and their success is our success. “Together” means that we are engaged in the communities we serve — we live there — and are committed to their growth and development.