Full-Time Solution Engineer – State and Local Government
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Are you passionate about technology and keeping up to date with emerging trends? A self-starter, problem solver, and a natural evangelist? Put these qualities to work as a Solution Engineer, where you’ll have the opportunity to help shape and deliver on a strategy to demonstrate how Esri’s ArcGIS platform can enable organizations to discover, use, make, and share maps for any device, anywhere they are.
- Work closely with account executives and account managers to understand client requirements and help formulate appropriate GIS solutions
- Support Esri customers with product expertise and best practice assistance
- Present complex GIS technical demonstrations to various levels of staff in a diverse range of customer organizations in concert with sales priorities
- Proactively craft and propose solutions that clarify how GIS brings business value to address critical business challenges faced by customers
- Support the national state and local government team in various technical activities
- Bachelor’s or master’s in geography, computer science, or a related field
- A minimum of two years of experience with the ArcGIS platform using editing tools and creating geodatabases
- Experience in technical consulting and conceptual solution design
- Five or more years of related technology experience
- Experience with DBMS technology such as SQL Server, DB2, Oracle, and Access
- Familiarity with cloud computing concepts in addition to on-premise solutions
- Experience with apps such as Facebook, Evernote, Dropbox, etc. and capable of leveraging data from those apps and other web environments
- Experience integrating software solutions with other business systems including data warehousing, BI, CRM, ERP, and analytics platforms
- Excellent presentation, interpersonal, and listening skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a small, highly-skilled team
- General knowledge of computer hardware, software, and networking
- Experience implementing ArcGIS for Local Government maps and apps
- Experience leveraging ArcGIS Online to support government workflows
- Experience participating in one or more developer events (hackathon, hackfest, codefest, etc.)
- Ability to troubleshoot client issues related to Esri application deployment and system architecture
- Experience promoting software products and/or applications
- Experience designing and delivering mobile or location-based business applications
- Experience with ArcGIS for Server web applications or other web application development
How to Apply
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Learn more and apply online at www.esri.com/careers. Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) supporting diversity in the workforce.
475 total views, 2 today