Full-Time Solution Engineer Manager – Utilities and Telco
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Apply your GIS knowledge, communication skills, and management experience in a new way on the Esri Utility Team to support sales activities. An energetic, driven professional is needed to think outside the box and help promote Esri solutions to electric, gas, telco, and cable accounts throughout the US and at times globally.
- Provide leadership to a dedicated team of solution engineer professionals that focus their efforts on key accounts and target markets
- Ensure day-to-day activities are in alignment with organizational objectives
- Ensure the professional development of solution engineers through coaching and training
- Identify and obtain technical resources from other groups to meet client requirements
- Work closely with account managers to understand client requirements and help formulate appropriate GIS solutions
- Prioritize work activities to ensure solution engineering staff are working on relevant demos and proof of concepts in concert with account engagement and sales activities
- Present complex GIS technical demonstrations to various levels of staff in a diverse range of customer organizations
- Support Esri customers with product expertise and best-practice assistance
- Participate in trade shows, user groups, product demonstrations, and major release software rollouts
- Bachelor’s or master’s in geography, engineering, computer science, or a related field
- Five or more years of management experience
- Three or more years of experience with ArcGIS for Desktop using editing tools and creating geodatabases and geometric networks
- Experience with DBMS technology such as SQL Server, DB2, Oracle, and Access
- Experience with basic database design and associated methods and technologies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- General knowledge of computer hardware, software, and networking
- Ability to travel on a regular basis
- Ability to troubleshoot client issues
- Excellent presentation, interpersonal, and listening skills
- Experience promoting products and/or applications
- Experience with GIS vendor products
- Some programming and scripting experience such as .NET, Java, Python, VBS
- Experience with ArcGIS for Server web applications or other web application development
How to Apply
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Learn more and apply online at www.esri.com/careers. Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) supporting diversity in the workforce.
1029 total views, 2 today