Full-Time Software Developer – GIS
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
A Software Developer – GIS will work on Enhanced 9-1-1 Software Products. Responsibilities include Engineering and designing new products that align with emerging technologies while also aiding in the support of existing products. The ideal candidate will be technology driven, a team player, and not afraid of a challenge.
- Utilize VB.NET, SQL Server 2005/2008, and ESRI tools to develop 9-1-1 software in an agile environment.
- Develop and engineer new industry leading products using the latest ArcGIS Runtime within a Microsoft PRISM framework.
- Enhance and maintain existing VB.NET GIS applications using ArcGIS Engine and ArcGIS Desktop
- Lead the technical effort to design, develop, and test new and existing GIS applications
- Provide geospatial software development support using ESRI ArcGIS Web/ArcObjects API products to integrate geospatial information into applications typically correlating large data sets using open-standard such as SDSFIE 2.6 and 3.0
- Work closely with staff to design and develop software components for the management, manipulation, analysis and display of a wide variety of data and support the creation and update of geospatial data/metadata using the ArcGIS suite of tools.
- Build effective and collaborative working relationships with team members
- Perform other duties as assigned
- 2-3 years of experience developing spatial software applications
- 2-3 Years of programming experience using .NET and Visual Studio
- 3+ Years of experience and strong understanding of GIS technology
- Familiar with GIS Consortium standards
- 1+ year demonstrable experience developing enterprise solutions with ArcGIS Server 9.x or 10.x
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server 2005, 2008, or 2012
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; the ability to independently make accurate and timely decisions
- Ability to be flexible in a fast pace environment
- Self-Starter, energetic and motivated contributor
- Able to work independently and as a part of a team, on several concurrent tasks with changing priorities
- Sitting for long periods of time in front of a computer monitor
- Vision must be sufficient to use computer monitor, telephone and other required office equipment
- Hearing must be sufficient to converse with team members and clients
- Must possess mobility to work in a standard office setting and to use standard office equipment, including a computer, stamina to maintain attention to detail despite interruptions, and hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone
- Must possess the ability to maintain confidentiality of highly sensitive data
- Prior experience with ArcGIS Runtime a plus
- Understanding of 9-1-1 systems a plus
- Basic knowledge of WPF, Silverlight, and/or XAML a plus
- Experience working with MVVM or PRISM a plus
- Experience using TFS (Team Foundation Server) or VSS (Visual Source Safe) a plus
- BS in Computer Science, Math, Management Information Systems, Engineering, GIS, or equivalent experience
TeleCommunication Systems, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
How to Apply
Please do not apply using the Apply Online link below...
697 total views, 3 today