Full-Time Senior GIS Database Administrator and Application Developer
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
|Leads, manages, and performs a broad range of GIS (geographical information systems) development and maintenance duties to support the enterprise-wide GIS infrastructure. Leads or partakes on enterprise level GIS projects and GIS application development, and other broad management and technical duties. Acts as the GIS liaison to other county, state and federal GIS agencies or private companies.Below is a realistic job preview for the posiiton:•Meets with users to gather business needs, design, develop and test solutions, and maintain these solutions as requirements change.
•Manages data is in the repository chiefly through the use of Python scripts with the arcpy API, which is part of ArcGIS. In addition to the arcpy API, other Python modules are used, including sys, os and time to manipulate windows files, smtplib to send email, tkinter and tkFileDialog to work with excel worksheets and create simple GUIs, suds (a SOAP library) to work with web services and REST endpoints, cx_oracle to work with Oracle database tables, and PIL to work with image files. Scripts are scheduled to run using the Microsoft task scheduler.
|Duties & Responsibilities:|
|1. Manages the ESRI’s ArcGIS Servers and the GIS enterprise relational data repository and keeps all its related core components patched, upgraded and running throughout the enterprise. This includes:• To be the steward of enterprise data; data which is shared across business units or has the potential to be used to add value to multiple city organizations.
• Plans, installs, modifies, maintains, analyzes, designs, and monitors all GIS software components and enterprise database instances.
• Provides innovative solutions to most effectively store enterprise spatial data for ease of access and retrieval.
• Develops and maintains complex structures to allow integration of information from the City’s other business systems with spatial information.
• Acts as internal consultant in the evaluation, selection, and installation of GIS related software and hardware as necessary.2. GIS application management duties include the development and implementation of rigorous processes and procedures to ensure high levels of performance and continuous operations and integrity of all the GIS architecture components. In collaboration with other team members this includes:
• Performs and makes recommendations on capacity planning and other GIS necessities.
3. City wide coordination duties with GIS groups and divisions interested in GIS solutions include but are not limited to:
• Interacts extensively with and collaborates with City GIS providers and vendors to encourage that GIS services are consistently delivered.
How to ApplySee more details and apply online HERE Please don't apply using the Apply Online link below!
273 total views, 2 today