Full-Time IT Support
This person will help maintain a mission-critical office computing environment by serving as the initial point of contact for internal helpdesk issues, troubleshooting and resolving such issues in a timely fashion, and assisting the Director of Information Technology on various projects. This position requires innate problem solving abilities and is a hands-on technical role.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Adhering to company standards, this person will:
- Promptly respond to tickets submitted through the company’s internal IT help desk.
- Assist with monitoring of production systems and applications around the clock (on-call).
- Assist with configuration and deployment of desktop and laptop computers, client operating systems, applications, IP telephony, and related equipment.
- Update and maintain the hardware and software inventory.
- Document operational policies and procedures.
- Troubleshoot various types of client operating system, application, network, and performance issues.
- Escalate hardware, operating system, or application problems to the appropriate vendors.
- Perform, monitor, and maintain regular back-ups.
- Perform preventative maintenance and operating system/application upgrades.
- Provide level two analysis of customer issues as needed.
- Contribute to organization goals by accepting ownership for various tasks and projects; prioritize work; explore opportunities to add value to everyday workflows.
- Must exhibit strong written and oral communication skills, analytical skills, deductive reasoning, attention to detail, and ability to execute with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to lift equipment of up to 50 pounds unassisted, climb ladders and crawl under desks.
- Will be required to work outside of business hours (including weekends) on occasion.
- Reports to the Director of Information Technology.
- Experience with datacenters, rack-mount servers, and structured cabling.
- A+ and/or MCP certifications (or equivalent experience) desired.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems or related field desired.
Hardware/Software Skills Desired (installation, management, maintenance, and support):
- Microsoft Windows operating systems (XP – 8.1)
- Microsoft Office products (2007 – 2013)
- Microsoft Project
- Microsoft Visio
- Microsoft SharePoint
- Microsoft System Center products
- Packet analysis tools: Wireshark, Network Monitor, etc.
- Fundamental network protocols: TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, WINS
- Web servers such as IIS and Apache
How to Apply
All applicants must include salary history and requirements to be considered for this position.
Send resume and salary history to email@example.com
608 total views, 2 today