Full-Time GIS Specialist
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
- High School Diploma or GED
- BS degree or higher in geography, environmental or natural resource studies.
- Must have excellent managerial, verbal, writing and people skills.
- Position requires experience with developing and managing databases and working with Microsoft Access.
- Position requires a strong working knowledge of Geographic Information Systems (GIS) e.g. ArcGIS, ArcINFO; experience working with and developing ESRI Data-models.
- Position also requires experience with remote sensing interpretation and analysis and writing technical reports, and memorandum.
- In addition, the staff position must have strong working knowledge of Trimble products and software and geospatial analysis.
- Knowledge of statistics and/or programming is highly recommended.
- Wetland identification skills and various stream, estuary, and near shore sampling procedures, methods, and protocols, as well as experience operating boats in marine settings is highly recommended.
- (2) two years professional level experience in GIS interpretation, and/or conducting projects with a strong GIS component. (MS degree may be substituted for two years of experience.)
- Must have a valid WA State Driver’s License, insurance and reliable transportation.
- Must have no history of suspension or dismissal within the past 6 months.
Physical Characteristics and/or Prerequisites:
- Must be in good physical condition in order to be able to carry out field projects in varied field conditions.
- Must be able to hike while carrying sampling or GPS equipment (up to 60 pounds).
- The position also requires the versatility of working long hours in an office setting.
Tribal Department: Natural and Cultural Resources Department
Employee Classification: Exempt
Job Summary: Full time position as a GIS Specialist. This position is responsible for maintaining and managing the Natural & Cultural Resources Department (NCRD) GIS system and providing GIS and database support to department staff who have integrated GIS functions into their respective programs or projects. This position coordinates geospatial data collection, processing, and publishing. Provides map and atlas production, provides database design, implementation, and management. This staff position may also implement projects and field surveys; perform remote sensing and analysis of GIS data, and requisition material and equipment. This staff position is responsible for writing technical and project reports and manages temporary hires for various data collection projects.
closes Dec 20, 2013 See MORE
How to Apply
Apply online at https://careers-tulalip.icims.com/jobs/intro?hashed=0
Please do not apply using the Apply Online link found below...
455 total views, 2 today