Contractor GIS Coordinator/IT Assistant
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
To develop and maintain a Geographic Information System (GIS) for the Town of North Providence and to provide Information Technology (IT) support to all North Providence agencies as directed by the Communications Director.
• Develops and maintains GIS system for the town
• Develops specifications for additional GIS and GPS related hardware and software
• Proficient operation with ESRI ArcGIS Software Suite
• Guides users in creating requirements for GIS Software
• Creates new computer programs or edits existing programs in order to produce maps, data, and automate procedures (designs, codes, tests, and documents)
• Writes documentation to support software
• Prepares training materials and gives presentations to users
• Maintains inventory of system maps as related to GIS (converts from CAD when necessary)
• Reviews developer plans for water, wastewater, and stormwater and coordinates with other City/Town and State Agencies.
• Prepares, updates, and distributes GIS maps and new information as they become available
• Provides GIS (and other) database development, management, and maintenance
• Provides general public information services
• Collects data and performs analyses as needed
• Provide Help Desk IT tasks to Town Departments.
• Provide Desktop computer support for repairs, updates, and problems
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Candidate must have proficient knowledge of principles and practices of GIS systems, data collection, databases, and mapping. Computer proficiency and the ability to review and interpret job related plans are necessary. Demonstration of oral and written communication is necessary. Job requires the ability to quickly comprehend a wide range of technical concepts and the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships. The ability to install, troubleshoot, and maintain desktop and laptop computers that work on a server environment.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
A degree from an accredited college or university pertaining to Geographic Information Science.
At least one year of GIS working experience
At least one year of GIS field working experience
At least one year of IT experience in Desktop computer support.
Must be proficient in ArcMap Version 9.2 and Higher), IDRISI, GRASS GIS
Must know the following Scripting languages: Plyton, HTML, and CSS
Ability to use GIS hand tools for field work.
Must be proficient in Microsoft access and ability to create Access Databases.
How to Apply
Please do not apply using the apply online link below
432 total views, 6 today