Full-Time GIS Administrator – Planning
- · Works with City staff to determine optimal database solutions for their expressed needs and defined database requirements for established solutions.
- · Maintains database technical standards for adherence by GIS staff.
- · Provides technical consultation and assists in determining projected software requirements as they relate to existing GIS standards and requirements.
- · Designs GIS environment and supports vendor designed system and in-house structures.
- · Provides technical support to install, upgrade, monitor and maintain the database environment.
- · Serves as the department support liaison between GIS and third-party vendors. Coordinates system vendor support when required.
- · Oversees GIS databases, hardware and application performance tuning, security, backup and recovery, administration and version control.
- · Assists in preparation of the GIS budget.
- · Assists in and administers the integration of GIS with third party systems.
- · Evaluates software applications’ GIS requirements and recommends the best solutions to meet those requirements.
- · Act as a liaison between user departments and vendors, planning enhancements and solving problems.
- · Monitor and appropriately support a GIS database environment to maintain and improve systems performance.
- · Plans and administers the implementation of all integrated GIS software components.
- · Advanced working knowledge of the theory and methods of data base administration.
- · Proficiency with database application development tools, database design and client operating systems in a Microsoft Windows and UNIX environment.
- · Knowledge of client server technology; ArcServer with ArcSDE (Spatial Database Engine) and other ESRI (multi-user geodatabase software) products, GIS and systems integration and programming languages; GIS mapping theory and data integration.
- · Knowledge of at least one programming language.
- · Knowledge of SQL (Structured Query Language) and relational databases in an SDE database environment.
- · Basic LAN (Local Area Network) knowledge.
- · Effective communication verbally and in writing.
- · Ability to use personal computers and peripheral equipment.
- · Ability to perform relational database design in various environments.
- · Ability to administer GIS data, software, and components in an ArcGIS Server database environment.
- · Implement appropriate standards and procedures, database security, upgrades, and database maintenance.
- · Ability to program in at least one language.
- · Bachelor’s degree in one of the Computer Sciences or GIS with course work in GIS required.
- · Requires four years of experience in computer software and database applications.
- o Two (2) years of which must be in computer software and database applications.
- o One (1) year of which must have included use of SQL and relational databases in an SDE database.
- o One year of which included experience with ESRI’s suite of products including server technology.
- o The four years must have included one year of experience in Microsoft Windows server technology.
Licenses and Certificates: Texas Class C driver’s license.
Any work related experience resulting in acceptable proficiency levels in the above Minimum Qualifications is an acceptable substitute for the above specified education and experience requirements.
How to Apply
Please do not apply using the Apply Online link below...
287 total views, 2 today