Internship Data Analyst Intern
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
aWhere seeks a data analyst intern with an investigative mindset to support data collection and processing work related to client implementations of the aWhere location intelligence platform for international development. This person will use their expertise to acquire, organize, analyze, and load data related to international development activities such as monitoring & evaluation, trials & research, and socioeconomics.
The data analyst intern’s tasks frequently include importing, cleaning, transforming, validating or modeling data with the purpose of understanding the data for best use within the software by client users.
Data Management, Analysis, and Reporting
- In collaboration with others, support and implement data collection and strategies to optimize timeliness, quality, and completeness
- When acquiring data, maintain systems to ascertain data credibility and suitability for the project, and positively identify and evaluate data sources
- Acquire and abstract data from direct and indirect client sources
- Identify problematic areas and gaps in data and develop solutions to correct data
- Manage and load data through Excel spreadsheets, templates, and databases
- Applying best practices and lessons learned to improve team processes and methodologies
- Demonstrated analytical skills
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills (VLOOKUP, Pivots, etc)
- Interest and experience in international development. Knowledge of global development M&E strategies, methodologies, and objectives a plus.
- Detail-oriented ability to work at a fast pace and meet deadlines.
- Strong work ethic, commitment to accuracy, and ability to handle confidential information
- Ability to grasp new concepts quickly
- Competent knowledge of third-party data sources, particularly those in the field of international development, agriculture and global health
- Basic knowledge of GIS tools or data a plus (e.g. ArcGIS)
- Basic knowledge of statistical software packages (SPSS, SAS, STATA)
- Driven by aWhere’s mission to transform how global development initiatives are managed and monitored by enabling the integration of complex agricultural, environmental and public health data into local, actionable insight
How to Apply
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter to John Shaw at firstname.lastname@example.org
please do not apply using the Apply Online link below
407 total views, 3 today