Full-Time Consultant/Project Manager Natural Resources/Environmental
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Use your consulting and project management experience in the natural resources and environmental markets to support our users with the implementation of solutions throughout the entire life cycle–from requirements to rollout. Our projects range from small focused technology transfer to large enterprise implementations of mission-critical systems.
- Help clients translate and implement real-world needs into practical, state-of-the-art, GIS technology-driven solutions using Esri’s enterprise GIS technology
- Work with clients to prepare multi-year GIS implementation and migration strategies
- Lead project teams during requirements, analysis, design, build, and rollout
- Create and manage the scope, cost, schedule, and contractual deliverables through the application of planning, tracking, quality assurance, change control, and risk management
- Manage subcontractors
- Manage client relationship and expectations
- Work with Esri’s marketing and sales teams to develop new business
- Bachelor’s, master’s, or Ph.D. in relevant field, depending on position level
- Eight years of proven experience related to the position
- Ability to lead and manage consulting and software development teams
- Knowledge of software development methodologies
- Ability to develop project designs, work plans, budgets, and schedules
- Knowledge of and ability to apply GIS technologies
- Experience with desktop, client/server, and Internet applications and architectures
- Strong team skills and the ability to work independently
- Excellent interpersonal, writing, presentation, and leadership skills
- Knowledge of and experience with federal and state agencies implementing GIS (e.g., DOI, Dept. of Agriculture, EPA, NOAA, NASA, DNR, DEQ)
- Knowledge of imagery, remote sensing, and image processing techniques and systems
- Experience with Esri products to solve complex business problems
- Familiarity with RDBMS and geodatabase design using UML
- Direct experience in the integration of ArcGIS with permitting/regulatory, process modeling, decision support, upstream and downstream resource management systems, environmental monitoring, business intelligence, data and metadata warehousing, and document management systems
- Additional experience with development of Internet and intranet applications for public access and desktop applications for site assessment and environmental analysis (including NEPA) and other spatial modeling exercises
- Familiarity with mobile applications for data collection
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today’s volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Learn more and apply online at www.esri.com/careers. Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) supporting diversity in the workforce.
How to Apply
809 total views, 3 today