Full-Time Consultant – Utilities
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Be a leader and driver of success for our key utilities customers through executive level advice and guidance on the effective utilization of geospatial technology to meet targeted business challenges and opportunities.
- Build trusted relationships working directly with executive leadership of key customers to
- identify key business challenges and opportunities
- help customers develop an understanding of how core geospatial capabilities—information integration, tradecraft/analysis, and visualization—can be applied for improved decision support for their business operations and, in turn, yield strong ROI (efficiencies and effectiveness)
- provide business level advice, guidance, and recommendations
- support analysis and planning for the development of executable advice, innovative approaches, and operational plans
- manage customer expectations
- Provide external perspective based on strong understanding of relevant industry trends, business drivers, industry best practices, and practical implementation experience
- Identify, define, position, propose, and facilitate additional Esri and/or partner value added services to meet customer requirements and objectives
- Prepare and present high quality proposals, presentations, reports, and supporting materials
- Bachelor’s in computer science, engineering, GIS, or other relevant field
- Strong knowledge of utilities domain business operations, practices, policies, industry drivers, trends, emerging markets, key solutions/technologies, and other relevant considerations
- Ten or more years of proven consulting experience associated with the delivery of complex enterprise GIS/IT solutions and services within the utilities industry including electric/gas transmission and distribution
- Knowledge and experience with key industry initiatives such as SMARTGrid, Integrity Management
- Ability to think strategically and relate well to customer senior management and project/technical personnel
- Ability to develop productive relationships with customers, colleagues, partners, and management to meet targeted objectives
- Self motivated, creative, and team oriented
- Excellent interpersonal, writing, presentation, leadership, organizational, and staff management skills
- Willing to travel over 50% of the time domestically and, at times, internationally
- Five or more years of proven project management experience associated with the delivery of complex enterprise GIS/IT solutions and services within the utilities or related industry
- Knowledge of the application of GIS to electric network/gas pipeline facility management including but not limited to right-of-way corridor planning, engineering, construction, inspection, network analysis, supply and market analysis
- Knowledge and experience in the integration of GIS with work management, network analysis, SCADA, customer information, document management systems, and other relevant enterprise IT systems
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today’s volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Learn more and apply online at www.esri.com/careers. Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) supporting diversity in the workforce.
How to Apply
531 total views, 2 today