Full-Time ArcGIS Online Product Engineer
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
This is an exciting opportunity to help advance the powerful platform that thousands of organizations already rely on for mapping and enriching their business data. You can use your expertise in GIS and your love of problem-solving to fulfill the requirements of the Esri user community, allowing them to quickly create interactive maps and apps, perform complex analysis, and make better decisions. As a key member of the ArcGIS Online software development team, you’ll contribute to designing and building cutting-edge online GIS offerings.
- Establish and define customer requirements; translate them into potential product improvements and new software designs
- Design, develop, analyze, test, document, release, and support ArcGIS Online software to enhance overall product quality
- Ensure quality of software for all aspects of the GIS user experience by testing software functions, user interfaces, GIS workflows, and programmer interfaces and functions
- Develop and implement test plans and test cases, write test code, verify code changes and bug fixes, and perform stress tests
- Support and interact with customers; evaluate feedback and plan for future releases
More experienced individuals will:
- Help define the product roadmap and provide leadership to a small team
- Assist with implementation designs
- Bachelor’s or master’s in GIS, computer science, or a related field, depending on position level
- A high level of understanding of ArcGIS products and online services
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills
- Proven ability to deliver work, in teams or individually
- Keen attention to detail and drive to resolve any issues encountered
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Passion and ability to make a difference
- Extensive experience with ArcGIS software or other geospatial technology
- Industry experience in software development or software testing
- Familiarity with system and web server administration
- Experience in quality assurance
- Knowledge of Java, Python, and other scripting languages
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today’s volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Learn more and apply online at www.esri.com/careers. Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) supporting diversity in the workforce.
How to Apply
355 total views, 2 today